JAMB Delists Management Courses in Seven University
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has delisted management courses of some universities in its current admission brochure.
They are as follows:
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO),
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), Modibbo
- Adamawa Federal University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY),
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA), Federal
- University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB),
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) and
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi (UAW).
This is sequel to an order by the federal government that the universities of Agriculture and Technology should stop running management courses and focus on their core mandates.
The directive was issued by the Ministry of Education after it was approved recently by the Federal Executive Council (FEC).
JAMB’s spokesperson, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, explained that the decision to delist the programmes was not taken by the Board as being suggested by the some staff and students of the universities affected
He said: “FUNAAB branch took the issue to our zonal branch meeting which reported same at the national level. The delisting of the programme was done in haste and it is illegal by JAMB.
“The courses were accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC) and relevant bodies. University vice-chancellors were not carried along.”